OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/25/13 -- Last night, after the last customer left the store, a group of Giant Tiger employees and Friendly the Giant Tiger mascot got together to have fun, let loose and SHAKE, Harlem Shake that is!
"The idea came about based on a suggestion from one of our Store Managers," said Lauren Moir, Vice President of Marketing at Giant Tiger Stores Limited. "Creating this video was a great way to show that we are a really fun place to shop. Our team had a blast putting the video together and it really shows."
Click here to view the GT Harlem Shake
About Giant Tiger:
Giant Tiger is Canada's low price Giant! We are the leading Canadian owned family discount store, committed to providing on trend family fashions, groceries, and everyday needs. Established in 1961 in Ottawa's Byward Market, the privately held company has grown to over 200 locations across Canada and employs over 7,000 team members. All Giant Tiger locations are locally owned or operated by a team member that knows the community. In addition, in 2001 the North West Company entered into a franchise agreement with Giant Tiger Stores Limited for NWC to open and operate Giant Tiger stores in Western Canada. The friendly local stores with the iconic yellow Tiger logo are not only where Canadians shop more and spend less, but they help bring communities together. Giant Tiger has a long-standing tradition of supporting surrounding communities and corporate stewardship. In 2012, Giant Tiger donated more than $2 million to more than 700 local associations and charities across Canada. For more information about the company, please visit www.gianttiger.com or join us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gianttiger or follow us on Twitter @GTboutique.
We'll beat anyone! That's our Giant Value Guarantee.
Giant Tiger, a proud Canadian company since... FOREVER! #CanadaPROUD
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
For media inquiries contact:
Giant Tiger Stores Limited
Manager, Public Relations and Community Activation
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women