U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women