U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'