U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July