U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death