U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft's Cloud Platform Shines
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- Volatility No Reason to Bail on Stock Market
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Samsung Phones Cleared For U.S. Government Use
- Disney's Animated Feature 'Moana' Slated for 2016 Release