U.S. regulators said automaker Chrysler would recall certain model year 2013 Chrysler 200s and Dodge Avengers due to problems with gas tank fuel valves.
A broken control valve in the tank assembly could cause the vehicle to stall and crash. It could also result in a fire, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Monday.
The recall involves 1,785 vehicles. It includes vehicles made Oct. 30 to Nov. 2.
Chrysler will notify car owners of the recall. Owners can call Chrysler at 800-247-9753 for information.
The recall is expected to begin in March.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Growth Stayed Steady During Shutdown, Fed Says
- Hezbollah Chief's Assassination Claimed by Sunni Group
- Newtown Massacre Heard on 911 Recordings
- Allstate Seeks to Invest in Minority Firms
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Latin Music Conference Turns 25
- Guardian Pressured to Stop NSA Stories: Editor
- New Home Sales Shoot up 25 Percent in October
- Boehner Blames Obama, Senate for Congressional Inactivity
- Liberty Power Gets Minority Business Nod