The National Basketball Association said Monday it has suspended Detroit Pistons guard Will Bynum for one game for punching Tyler Hansbrough of Indiana.
Bynum was thrown out of the game Saturday with 8:39 remaining in Detroit's 90-72 loss after he hit Hansbrough in the stomach. Bynum was trying to get through Hansbrough's screen at the time.
Bynum, who was to miss Monday's game against Atlanta, is averaging 9.4 points and 3.8 assists in 48 games off the bench this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits