Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen, booked a
record profit in 2012, helped along by the integration in the company
of the luxury sports auto group Porsche.
The German-based group said Friday net profit climbed to 21.9 million euros (29 billion dollars) in 2012, from 15.8 billion euros in the previous year. Analysts had forecast a rise to 21.7 billion euros.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD