Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen, booked a
record profit in 2012, helped along by the integration in the company
of the luxury sports auto group Porsche.
The German-based group said Friday net profit climbed to 21.9 million euros (29 billion dollars) in 2012, from 15.8 billion euros in the previous year. Analysts had forecast a rise to 21.7 billion euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Slow Week Ahead of December FOMC Meeting
- Hispanics Seek to Grow School Board Members
- GM Bailout Saved 1.2 Million U.S. Jobs, Report Says
- 'Knockout Game': Myth or Menace?
- Questions Remain in Jenni Rivera's Death
- U.S. Companies Eager for Iranian Business
- Bitcoin Used to Buy Tesla Car
- Banks Fret as Volcker Vote Approaches
- Paul Walker Fans Pay Respects
- Yellen Set to Become One of World's Most Powerful Women