Europe's biggest carmaker, Volkswagen, booked a
record profit in 2012, helped along by the integration in the company
of the luxury sports auto group Porsche.
The German-based group said Friday net profit climbed to 21.9 million euros (29 billion dollars) in 2012, from 15.8 billion euros in the previous year. Analysts had forecast a rise to 21.7 billion euros.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion