Tim Tebow said he'll pass, which was probably a good idea under the circumstances.
The Jets quarterback turned down an opportunity to speak at the First Baptist Church in Dallas because its pastor has made outrageous statements about gays and other religions.
On Thursday, Tebow tweeted that he canceled an April 28 appearance because of "new information that has been brought to my attention."
The Rev. Robert Jeffress, the church's pastor, has said that Islam promotes pedophilia, and has railed against gays, Jews and Catholics.
Jeffress claimed in a statement that Tebow told him he would like to speak at the church at a later date.
We know exactly when Tebow should reschedule:
When hell freezes over.
Most Popular Stories
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- GOP, Dems Strain to Unearth a Modest Budget Pact