OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/13 -- Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay, Associate Minister of National Defence, today issued the following statement:
"Our Government is delivering on its promise to build a first-class, modern military that is ready to take on the challenges of the 21st Century. I am honoured that Prime Minister Harper has asked me to continue this important work as Associate Minister of National Defence.
"I have profound respect and admiration for the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces. I look forward to supporting the Minister of National Defence on a number of key projects as we work to rebuild our military while delivering value for taxpayer dollars.
"Our Government's investments in renewing and modernizing the Canadian Armed Forces' capabilities are creating thousands of high quality skilled jobs all across the country."
Office of the Associate Minister of National Defence
Most Popular Stories
- 15 Myths That Could Ruin Your Hispanic Ad Campaign
- AIG to Create 230 Jobs in Charlotte
- General Motors Names Mary Barra as First Female CEO
- Russia Says Nyet to Canada North Pole Claim
- Bipartisan Negotiators Reach Modest Budget Agreement
- Justin Bieber Visits Typhoon Victims, Plays Concert
- Senate Dems Move Forward With Obama Nominees
- MasterCard to Split Shares, Raise Dividend
- New Obama Aide to Focus on Climate Change
- Obama Nominee Confirmed for D.C. Appeals Court