OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/13 -- Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay, Associate Minister of National Defence, today issued the following statement:
"Our Government is delivering on its promise to build a first-class, modern military that is ready to take on the challenges of the 21st Century. I am honoured that Prime Minister Harper has asked me to continue this important work as Associate Minister of National Defence.
"I have profound respect and admiration for the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces. I look forward to supporting the Minister of National Defence on a number of key projects as we work to rebuild our military while delivering value for taxpayer dollars.
"Our Government's investments in renewing and modernizing the Canadian Armed Forces' capabilities are creating thousands of high quality skilled jobs all across the country."
Office of the Associate Minister of National Defence
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?