OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/13 -- Kerry-Lynne D. Findlay, Associate Minister of National Defence, today issued the following statement:
"Our Government is delivering on its promise to build a first-class, modern military that is ready to take on the challenges of the 21st Century. I am honoured that Prime Minister Harper has asked me to continue this important work as Associate Minister of National Defence.
"I have profound respect and admiration for the men and women of the Canadian Armed Forces. I look forward to supporting the Minister of National Defence on a number of key projects as we work to rebuild our military while delivering value for taxpayer dollars.
"Our Government's investments in renewing and modernizing the Canadian Armed Forces' capabilities are creating thousands of high quality skilled jobs all across the country."
Office of the Associate Minister of National Defence
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Challenger Raises Bar on Muscle Cars
- Fight Against Teacher Tenure Gains Momentum
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Small Businesses Could Get Paid Faster
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- California Chambers Head for the O.C.
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer