Spain's inflation fell to 2.7 percent
in January, or 0.2 percent lower than in December, according to data
released by the Spanish National Institute of Statistics (INE) on
The drop was largely due to continued falling prices in housing, transport and medicine, despite rising alcoholic drinks, tobacco and communications costs, said the INE.
The average price of clothes and shoes fell 14.7 percent during the sales period in January, when businesses competed to reduce stock through bargain pricing.
The cost of culture and leisure activities also dropped by 0.7 and 2.2 percent respectively in January, while tobacco and alcoholic drinks prices rose by 2.7 percent.
(c) 2013 Xinhua News Agency - CEIS. Provided by ProQuest LLC. All rights Reserved.
Most Popular Stories
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SET PHASERS TO DUMB Spock emotional and in love? Nonstop explosions? The highly illogical enterprise of J.J. Abrams' 'Star Trek'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Detroit Free Press Julie Hinds column