OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/13 -- The Honourable Christian Paradis, Minister of Industry and Minister responsible for the Canadian Tourism Commission (CTC), today announced the appointment of Mr. Robert Mercure to its Board of Directors.
"Mr. Mercure has a tremendous amount of experience in the tourism and hospitality industry. He has clearly established himself in this sector," said Minister Paradis. "The CTC's Board will benefit greatly from his knowledge as it continues to promote growth in Canada's tourism sector."
Mr. Mercure brings over 30 years of hospitality experience, including his current position as General Manager, Fairmont Le Chateau Frontenac. From 1999 to 2002, he was Director of Food and Beverage at the Fairmont Royal York. He then moved on to become Hotel Manager at the Fairmont Monte Carlo and Fairmont The Queen Elizabeth. Mr. Mercure is currently a board member of the Association hoteliere de la region de Quebec and the Office du tourisme de Quebec.
Mr. Mercure graduated Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Science in Economics/Accounting from the University of New Hampshire. He continued with graduate studies in business and economics at Harvard University.
The CTC is Canada's national tourism marketing organization. A federal Crown corporation of the Government of Canada, it leads the Canadian tourism industry in marketing Canada as a premier four-season tourism destination. Its vision is to inspire the world to explore Canada. With its partners in the tourism industry, the Government of Canada, and the provinces and the territories, the CTC promotes Canada's extraordinary experiences in 11 countries around the world. It conducts market research, offers stunning visuals through the Brand Canada Library and provides resources to help industry leverage Canada's successful tourism brand-Canada. Keep Exploring. For further information, visit the CTC website (www.canada.travel).
Director of Communications
Office of the Honourable Christian Paradis
Minister of Industry
Senior Corporate Communications Advisor
Communications & Government Relations
Canadian Tourism Commission
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women