Microsoft is gearing up to unveil its next
generation video game console, the Xbox 720, in April, reports said
Friday just days after Sony revealed new details about its upcoming
Quoting sources at Microsoft, Sony and Microsoft partners, gaming website CVG said that Microsoft would announce its new console at a special event in April. Another video games site, VG247, said it had corroborated the information.
Previously the giant US company had been expected to wait until the industry showcase Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June to debut its device.
Sony revealed the first details about its Playstation 4 at a New York press event on Wednesday and said it would start selling the console before the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go