Microsoft is gearing up to unveil its next
generation video game console, the Xbox 720, in April, reports said
Friday just days after Sony revealed new details about its upcoming
Quoting sources at Microsoft, Sony and Microsoft partners, gaming website CVG said that Microsoft would announce its new console at a special event in April. Another video games site, VG247, said it had corroborated the information.
Previously the giant US company had been expected to wait until the industry showcase Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June to debut its device.
Sony revealed the first details about its Playstation 4 at a New York press event on Wednesday and said it would start selling the console before the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Jennifer Aniston, Justin Theroux Set the Date
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Stocks Continue Strong After Opening Surge
- Teresa Giudice Must Serve Time in Prison