Microsoft is gearing up to unveil its next
generation video game console, the Xbox 720, in April, reports said
Friday just days after Sony revealed new details about its upcoming
Quoting sources at Microsoft, Sony and Microsoft partners, gaming website CVG said that Microsoft would announce its new console at a special event in April. Another video games site, VG247, said it had corroborated the information.
Previously the giant US company had been expected to wait until the industry showcase Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in June to debut its device.
Sony revealed the first details about its Playstation 4 at a New York press event on Wednesday and said it would start selling the console before the end of the year.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property