A private funeral in Florida and a public memorial in Tennessee are being planned for country music star Mindy McCready, E! News said Friday.
McCready, 37, shot herself at her home in Arkansas Sunday after years of battling addictions to drugs and alcohol, authorities said.
E! said her funeral is scheduled for Tuesday at Crossroads Church in Fort Myers, Fla., but burial arrangements were still being planned.
McCready's friends in the country music community are working on a memorial tentatively scheduled for March 6 at the Cathedral of the Incarnation in Nashville, Tenn.
The singer is survived by her parents and two young sons who had been removed from her home and placed in foster care shortly before her death.
She lost custody of Zayne, 10 months, and Zander, 6, after she allegedly started drinking and using drugs again following the January death of her fiance, David Wilson.
McCready's friend Danno Hanks, a private investigator, told People.com she had been upset after being served with court papers proposing her little boys be sent to live with her mother, with whom she had a stormy relationship.
"The most important thing are my babies must come home," McCready wrote in an email, Hanks said.
"She lost all hope," Hanks said.
People.com said police responding to the scene of McCready's death reported her house smelled foul because food was left out to spoil and dog waste was found in numerous places.
But McCready's longtime friend, Shawn Carnes, told E! News the singer took pride in her home and always attempted to curtail the mess created by two young children.
"It is non-stop with two kids, but it wasn't filthy," Carnes said. "We all -- including Mindy -- kept that house as immaculate as we could."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women