The Oscars picked a TV and family guy -- Seth MacFarlane -- to host the Oscars on Sunday, though he did score at the box office in 2012 with "Ted."
Ted, the talking teddy bear, will copresent an award with his pal, Mark Wahlberg. Other presenters include several 2013 nominees -- Ben Affleck (as producer), Jessica Chastain and Jennifer Lawrence.
The cast of "The Avengers" will present an award. 2012 Oscar winners Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer, Meryl Streep and Christopher Plummer will also present, along with Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, John Travolta, Melissa McCarthy, Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek Pinault, Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, Jamie Foxx and Michael Douglas.
The producers will honor recent musicals, including appearances by "Chicago" cast members Richard Gere, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Ren?e Zellweger and Queen Latifah. James Bond films will also be celebrated; Adele will sing the theme from "Skyfall," and Shirley Bassey will also be in the house, presumably to belt "Goldfinger" and more. Norah Jones and Barbra Streisand will also perform.
Listed as special guests: Channing Tatum, Daniel Rad?€"cliffe, Charlize Theron and Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
The Oscars begin Sunday at 8 p.m. on WJET-TV. "The Oscars Red Carpet Live" with hosts Kristin Chenoweth, "Good Morning America" anchor Lara Spencer and Entertainment Weekly's Jess Cagle starts at 7 p.m.
- There's still time to see several Best Picture nominees. Tinseltown's Oscar marathon for Saturday will include "Argo," "Silver Linings Playbook," "Zero Dark Thirty" and "Django Unchained." Cost is $30 for all four films.
On Friday, you can also see the Oscar-nominated shorts, both animated and live action.
- The Oscars adore sweeping historical dramas such as "Anna Karenina," which secured nominations for production design, score, cinematography and costumes. It never played Erie. But you can see it Wednesday at 7 p.m. at Film at the Erie Art Museum. "A Royal Affair," Denmark's nominee for Best Foreign Film, plays March 27.
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- Florida's Largest Insurer Says 'Bailout' Attacks Unfair
- Wealth Gap Widened in Past Decade: Census
- James Foley Beheading Sparks Anger, Little Action
- Gap Reports Higher Profits, India Plans
- International Revulsion Grows Over James Foley Death
- Beyonce, Jay-Z Cuba Trip Was Legal After All
- Sears Holdings Loses $573 Million
- Chinese Stock Funds Are a Late-summer Bloomer