Jay-Z and Justin Timberlake -- two kings of the popular music universe -- have announced plans to play Candlestick Park.
The multiplatinum performers will bring their co-headlining Legends of Summer tour to the football stadium on July 26.
Tickets go sale to the general public at 10 a.m. Thursday (Feb. 28) at www.livenation.com. Ticket prices were not disclosed.
There are a number of presale opportunities. Citi cardmembers can score tickets beginning at noon Friday (Feb. 22) -- for more details visit www.citiprivatepass.com. Fans can also RSVP for a presale opportunity, which starts on Wednesday (Feb. 27), at
http://on.fb.me/13p2NSi. Finally, Live Nation mobile app users will have access to presale tickets beginning Wednesday. Mobile users can text "LNAPP" or 404040 to download the Live Nation mobile app, which is available for iOS and Android. All presales end at 5 p.m. Wednesday.
Jay-Z and Timberlake -- who have combined to sell more than 67 million albums and win 23 Grammy Awards -- will be making 12 stops at major stadiums in North America during this tour. The Legends of Summer Tour kicks off July 17 at the Roger's Centre in Toronto and continues through an Aug. 16 date at Sun Life Stadium in Miami. Along the way, the trek will touch down at such fabled venues as the Rose Bowl, Fenway Park, Yankee Stadium and, most importantly for
locals, Candlestick Park.
Rumors of the Jay-Z/Timberlake tour started on Grammy night, when they two performed together. Timberlake's new single "Suit & Tie" marks a return to the music business after a prolonged hiatus.
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Laid-off Workers Return to Their Fields
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?