LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/22/13 -- Since launching their new TV advert on Boxing Day, Butlins have already had over 175,000 guests booking family holidays for 2013.
The seaside family resorts saw record sales in 2012 with summer holiday occupancy at 99%, and the company is predicting even better results this year, despite ongoing difficult economic times.
Butlins has invested over GBP 52 million within the last year into its three seaside resorts, including opening their Wave Hotel and Apartments in the summer of 2012, a new fairground, more landscaping to open up green spaces on the resorts along with new restaurants and venues. This spring also sees the opening of the GBP 13 million redevelopment of the Skegness Splash Waterworld, including new flumes, rides, rapids and pools. Along with building work, Butlins have invested heavily in new shows and entertainment this year, with Sesame Street live launching in February half term and a circus on every resort over the summer holidays.
Rachel Kepinska-Smith, Brand Manager at Butlins, says, "Our new TV advert really represents the infectious, feel good happiness of getting away from the daily routine and going on a great holiday. A Butlins holiday is all about getting your sparkle back and our new ad has plenty of sparkle. Holidays are about families spending quality time together and get to know each other again."
Butlins has three beachside resorts, Bognor Regis (West Sussex), Minehead (Somerset) and Skegness (Lincolnshire) and welcomes around 1.5m guests per year.
Butlins won the Tourism and Leisure Training Team Award as well as the Overall Winner Award in the Training Team categories at the Customer Service Training Awards 2011.
Butlins is part of Bourne Leisure Ltd which also owns Warner Leisure Hotels and Haven Holidays, and was named as Travel Company of the Year in the TTG Travel Awards 2012.
For more information, prices and images
Butlins Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?