DARTMOUTH, NOVA SCOTIA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems Inc (UEMS) (LSE: ULE) is pleased to announce that it has been awarded a contract to provide services for the ongoing maintenance of the Royal Canadian Navy's submarine towed array sonars. The towed array sonars are the principal long range underwater sensor for the submarines. Under the contract, UEMS will be responsible for repairing and refurbishing the towed arrays as well as updating obsolete components and technology. The contract has a total value of $6.96M (CAD).
Dan Simard, UEMS's Director Business Development, stated "We welcome this opportunity to continue our work for the Royal Canadian Navy and to contribute to the operational effectiveness of Canada's submarines."
For more information please visit www.ultra-ms.com
ABOUT ULTRA ELECTRONICS MARITIME SYSTEMS
Ultra Electronics Maritime Systems Inc (UEMS) is an international leader in the development of equipment and systems for undersea surveillance and anti-submarine warfare (ASW). Established in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada in 1947, UEMS delivers sophisticated sonar systems to navies around the world including Multi-static Active Passive Sonar for the Dutch Navy, Integrated Sonar Suite for the Royal Australian Navy, and the Surface Ship Torpedo Defence System for the Royal Navy. UEMS provides unique engineering, development, manufacturing, test, evaluation, and management capabilities to develop and deliver advanced electronic, electromechanical, and underwater sensor systems for military applications.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South