Scarlett Johansson's publicist says the U.S. actress is not engaged to Romain Dauriac, the French journalist she has been dating.
People.com said wedding-bell buzz began after the "Hitchcock" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" star was seen wearing a pear-shaped diamond ring in New York Monday.
"Scarlett is absolutely not engaged," her publicist told People.com Wednesday.
Johansson was married to actor Ryan Reynolds for two years before they divorced in 2010.
Reynolds has since married actress Blake Lively.
Most Popular Stories
- Supreme Court Rules Against Arizona Registration Law
- Entries for the 2013 Social Media Leadership Awards
- Guns Are Hot in California
- George Zimmerman Arrest Viewed Differently According to Race
- Edward Snowden Wrong About Hong Kong, Some in Territory Say
- El Paso Symposium Offers Help to Startups
- U.K. Spied on G20 Emails, Phone Calls
- Social Media in the Public Sector
- Icelandic Whalers Head Out to Sea
- Boeing, Airbus Vie for Big Orders at Paris Air Show