Scarlett Johansson's publicist says the U.S. actress is not engaged to Romain Dauriac, the French journalist she has been dating.
People.com said wedding-bell buzz began after the "Hitchcock" and "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" star was seen wearing a pear-shaped diamond ring in New York Monday.
"Scarlett is absolutely not engaged," her publicist told People.com Wednesday.
Johansson was married to actor Ryan Reynolds for two years before they divorced in 2010.
Reynolds has since married actress Blake Lively.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go
- Detroit Raced Toward this Week's Bankruptcy Trial
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted