CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/21/13 -- For any sports fans that live in or around Calgary, there is an exciting event headed your way next summer. For the first time ever, the city will be the host to a sports convention in August 2013, known as The YYC SportsCon.
Similar to how comic conventions have gained steam in popularity over the last few years, a similar approach is expected, but this time, catering to those in the sports industry, or who are rabid sports fans. A trade show will be taking place, with vendors/exhibitors from all aspects of the industry present. There will also be speaking sessions with media personalities and athletes. All of these are a part of the admission ticket. These are very reasonably priced for a first-time event, ranging in price from $20 to $30 for a full three-day pass.
Additionally, there will also be current and former athletes present to do autograph signings and photo ops throughout the weekend. A few names that are already confirmed to appear include UFC Hall of Famer Dan "The Beast" Severn; NHL broadcaster, and former Atlanta Flame, Bill Clement; and a former "Diva" from WWE, Maryse. More announcements are expected in the coming weeks, including athletes from the local community, as well as all-stars from professional sports. The convention will run from August 16th to August 18th, 2013 at Stampede Park.
Tickets are now available, and vary in price, depending on if you want to attend the whole weekend, or only a specific day.
You can now purchase tickets at yycsportscon.eventbrite.com for this event.
The YYC SportsCon
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan