OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Servisair Inc. and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) Local 1681 on ratifying a collective agreement for personnel at the Edmonton International Airport.
"I am pleased that Servisair and the union have worked together to successfully negotiate a collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
Servisair is a leading global provider of aviation ground services, delivering an integrated range of handling services that includes airplane fueling, cargo handling and de-icing. The IAMAW represents approximately 125 employees who work in areas such as operations, ramp services and customer service. Their previous collective agreement expired on July 19, 2012.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, which provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals