OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Servisair Inc. and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) Local 1681 on ratifying a collective agreement for personnel at the Edmonton International Airport.
"I am pleased that Servisair and the union have worked together to successfully negotiate a collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
Servisair is a leading global provider of aviation ground services, delivering an integrated range of handling services that includes airplane fueling, cargo handling and de-icing. The IAMAW represents approximately 125 employees who work in areas such as operations, ramp services and customer service. Their previous collective agreement expired on July 19, 2012.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, which provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Cape Cod Building Mussel Industry
- Hollywood Eager to Grasp Hispanic Market
- Frightfully Fun Films Return for Halloween
- Would Soccer Be Richer Without Small Clubs?
- Microsoft Beats Income Expectations
- Sears Denies Store Closings, Layoffs Report
- Cloud Lifts Microsoft's Quarterly Results
- IS Funded by Black Market Oil Sales, Racketeering
- Weekly Jobless Claims Rise but Remain Low
- Pfizer Approves $11 Billion Buyback Plan