OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated Servisair Inc. and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAMAW) Local 1681 on ratifying a collective agreement for personnel at the Edmonton International Airport.
"I am pleased that Servisair and the union have worked together to successfully negotiate a collective agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
Servisair is a leading global provider of aviation ground services, delivering an integrated range of handling services that includes airplane fueling, cargo handling and de-icing. The IAMAW represents approximately 125 employees who work in areas such as operations, ramp services and customer service. Their previous collective agreement expired on July 19, 2012.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service, which provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics