LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 -- With the UK having been blasted with unprecedented levels of snow, ice and rain in the first month of 2013, motorists can be forgiven for wanting to leave their cars in the garage. However, with the latest developments made to the MINI ALL4 model these concerns could now be a thing of the past; with drivers instead looking forward to the motoring excitement these challenging conditions can bring.
The iconic British brand's off-road range is set for expansion in March 2013, with the launch of the all-wheel-drive MINI Paceman model. This means that there will now be 8 MINI models boasting the ALL4 option. This option offers MINI drivers a noticeable boost to traction, directional stability and agility through corners, which mean that adverse conditions such as ice and snow offer no bar to the exciting, 'seat of your pants' drive that MINI drivers know and love.
Since its introduction in 2010, the ALL4 option (developed specially for MINI models) has broken new ground in the off-road sector. The brand's unique all-wheel-drive system uses an electromagnetic clutch to distribute drive between the car's front and rear axles. In extreme road conditions, such as the feet of snow and ice we have been dealing with in recent weeks, the ALL4 diverts up to 100 per cent of the engine's power to the rear wheels (compared with the normal 50 per cent). This means that motorists have much greater control over the car's movement. What's more, with the DSC (Dynamic Stability Control) management unit integrating the control electronics of the MINI ALL4 system, drive can be channelled through the wheels as required in a matter of milliseconds.
The Paceman model will be the first Sports Activity Coupe in the premium compact segment with all-wheel-drive capability, an exciting first for the brand. The model will provide drivers with supreme driving fun with supreme assurance as to safety in any road conditions - promising the unmistakeable driving excitement that is the hallmark of the MINI brand, whatever the terrain. Instantaneous and precise responses to any movement in the accelerator or steering wheel are guaranteed.
Motorists looking to turn the stress and strain of wintry conditions into an opportunity for adrenaline fuelled driving experiences should look no further. The good news is that finance-packages">car finance is available to make that dream come true; for more details visit www.mini.co.uk.
MINI Media Relations Manager
Corporate Communications Manager
Corporate Communications Director
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?