Artist Lady Gaga hours ago checked into a hospital to undergo hip surgery and tweeted fans to make sure they were updated.
"Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support. I will be dreaming of you," @ladygaga tweeted.
The performer was diagnosed with synovitis, "severe inflammation of joints" mid tour and had to cancel dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
Doctors also gave her a wheelchair to roll around in to take the pressure off her legs.
Gaga affectionately named the chair, Emma.
"To the fans in Chicago Detroit & Hamilton I hope you can forgive me, as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself. Im devasted & sad," she tweeted after having to cancel shows. "It will hopefully heal as soon as possible, I hate this. I hate this so much. I love you and Im sorry."
Most Popular Stories
- Businesses, Investors Pressing for Green Policy
- Who's Next? More Nude Celeb Pics Hacked, Leaked
- Tips for Hiding, Securing Data on Smartphones
- Hispanic Enterprises Drive U.S. Economy
- Fed in No Rush to Raise Interest Rates
- ISIS Calls for Jihad Against 'Filthy French'
- Would You Trade Privacy for Job Security?
- Lower Used-Car Prices Roil the Auto Industry
- Cristela Gets a Big Thumbs Up
- Iran Says Syria Strikes Illegal