Artist Lady Gaga hours ago checked into a hospital to undergo hip surgery and tweeted fans to make sure they were updated.
"Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support. I will be dreaming of you," @ladygaga tweeted.
The performer was diagnosed with synovitis, "severe inflammation of joints" mid tour and had to cancel dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
Doctors also gave her a wheelchair to roll around in to take the pressure off her legs.
Gaga affectionately named the chair, Emma.
"To the fans in Chicago Detroit & Hamilton I hope you can forgive me, as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself. Im devasted & sad," she tweeted after having to cancel shows. "It will hopefully heal as soon as possible, I hate this. I hate this so much. I love you and Im sorry."
Most Popular Stories
- Steven Sotloff Beheading Video Claimed by Islamic State
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Apple Planning to Launch Mobile Wallet
- Men Are the Big Winners in the Jobs Recovery
- Challenge to Texas Voter ID Begins
- Durant Spurns Under Armour to Return to Nike
- Ford Is Finding Success With Its 'Unminivan'
- Netflix Unveils New Way to Share Picks
- Auto Industry Going Back to Bad Habits
- Construction Spending Staged Strong Rebound in July