Artist Lady Gaga hours ago checked into a hospital to undergo hip surgery and tweeted fans to make sure they were updated.
"Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support. I will be dreaming of you," @ladygaga tweeted.
The performer was diagnosed with synovitis, "severe inflammation of joints" mid tour and had to cancel dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
Doctors also gave her a wheelchair to roll around in to take the pressure off her legs.
Gaga affectionately named the chair, Emma.
"To the fans in Chicago Detroit & Hamilton I hope you can forgive me, as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself. Im devasted & sad," she tweeted after having to cancel shows. "It will hopefully heal as soon as possible, I hate this. I hate this so much. I love you and Im sorry."
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- Cuba Publishes Text of Foreign Investment Law