Artist Lady Gaga hours ago checked into a hospital to undergo hip surgery and tweeted fans to make sure they were updated.
"Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support. I will be dreaming of you," @ladygaga tweeted.
The performer was diagnosed with synovitis, "severe inflammation of joints" mid tour and had to cancel dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
Doctors also gave her a wheelchair to roll around in to take the pressure off her legs.
Gaga affectionately named the chair, Emma.
"To the fans in Chicago Detroit & Hamilton I hope you can forgive me, as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself. Im devasted & sad," she tweeted after having to cancel shows. "It will hopefully heal as soon as possible, I hate this. I hate this so much. I love you and Im sorry."
Most Popular Stories
- Twitter Names Woman to Board
- NSA Tracks 5 Billion Cellphone Records a Day
- Nelson Mandela Dies After Momentous Life
- Nelson Mandela Dead at 95
- W.H. Corrects Itself on Unclegate
- Pope Francis Says He'll Fight Child Sex Abuse
- Yemen Attack Kills 52
- Fast-Food Workers Want $15 an Hour
- Roybal-Allard Tours Gordon Brush Plant
- Aspen Contracting Adding 300 Jobs