Artist Lady Gaga hours ago checked into a hospital to undergo hip surgery and tweeted fans to make sure they were updated.
"Going in for surgery now. Thank you so much for sending me love and support. I will be dreaming of you," @ladygaga tweeted.
The performer was diagnosed with synovitis, "severe inflammation of joints" mid tour and had to cancel dates of her Born This Way Ball tour.
Doctors also gave her a wheelchair to roll around in to take the pressure off her legs.
Gaga affectionately named the chair, Emma.
"To the fans in Chicago Detroit & Hamilton I hope you can forgive me, as it is nearly impossible for me to forgive myself. Im devasted & sad," she tweeted after having to cancel shows. "It will hopefully heal as soon as possible, I hate this. I hate this so much. I love you and Im sorry."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women