OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/20/13 -- Product photos are available at http://bit.ly/Yc9eXz
The Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) is warning people with allergies to milk not to consume the NuGO Free brand Trail Mix bar described below. The affected product contains milk which is not declared on the label.
The affected product, NuGO Free brand Trail Mix bar, is sold in 45 g packages, bearing UPC 6 91535 45301 2 and lot code "BEST BY / MEILLEUR AVANT 20 NO 13 B12233A".
This product has been distributed in Ontario and Quebec, and may have been distributed nationally.
There have been no reported illnesses associated with the consumption of this product.
Consumption of this product may cause a serious or life-threatening reaction in persons with allergies to milk.
The CFIA is working with importers to have the affected product removed from the marketplace.
For more information, consumers and industry can call the CFIA at 1 800 442-2342 / TTY 1 800 465-7735 (8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday).
For information on common food allergens, visit the Food Allergens web page at: http://www.inspection.gc.ca/english/fssa/labeti/allerg/allerge.shtml.
For information on all food recalls, visit the CFIA's Food Recall Report at: http://active.inspection.gc.ca/eng/corp/recarapp_dbe.asp.
To find out more about receiving recalls by e-mail, and other food safety facts, visit: www.foodsafety.gc.ca. Food and consumer product recalls are also available at http://www.healthycanadians.gc.ca.
CFIA Media Relations
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits