IHOP's annual free pancake day event for charity returns this coming Tuesday, Feb. 5. IHOP'S eighth National Pancake Day will once again benefit Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, this year marking that organization's 30th Anniversary.
The free pancake event works like this: On Tuesday, more than 1,500 IHOPs nationwide will offer each guest a free short stack of buttermilk pancakes, available from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Guests, however, are encouraged to make a voluntary contribution to the local Children's Miracle Network Hospital or other local charities. The company says that 100% of the donations will help local charities benefiting sick and injured children.
The event to date has raised more than $10 million dollars for Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other charities; last year, the free pancake event at IHOP raised more than $3 million.
The free pancakes and opportunity to contribute to Children's Miracle Network Hospitals and other charitable causes runs from 7 a.m.-10 p.m., giving patrons a full 15 hours to participate.
Most Popular Stories
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- Kanye West 'SNL Speech' Renounces Celebrity Status
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Return of Khan?
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- Apple's iPhones, iPads Approved for Military Use, Sir Yes Sir!
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- RFD-TV launches on Charter Cable
- Jolie Mastectomy Raises Legal Questions
- Under the alien ; Tulsa native Heather Langenkamp talks about how she got a part in the new "Star Trek" film.