SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) announced today that Vodafone Netherlands, the second largest telecom service provider in the Netherlands, has deployed the BNG (Broadband Network Gateway) Service Manager enabling it to increase scalability and service velocity for its enterprise customers.
The software is a component of the recently announced Cisco® Quantum, part of the Cisco Service Provider Mobility Group, enabling Vodafone Netherlands to deliver a superior enterprise customer experience through next-generation policy control and service management capabilities.
•The Vodafone Netherlands solution uses the Cisco Quantum software suite to offer tiered broadband access services with flexible quota and application-level usage controls to its enterprise customers.
•BNG Service Manager combines the robust network control and service differentiation capabilities of the Cisco Intelligent Services Gateway and Cisco Quantum. The carrier-grade policy, charging and customer data management and analytics solution enables Vodafone Netherlands to deploy network- and application-aware policies in line with its enterprise broadband business model.
•Cisco Quantum software suite is widely deployed in mobile, Wi-Fi and fixed networks, giving service providers the flexibility to control, monetize and personalize the type of service they choose, on any type of network.
•With global Internet Protocol (IP) traffic projected to increase threefold over the next five years -- after having increased eightfold over the past five years -- carrier-scale policy control and services creation has never been more vital for service providers.
•Cisco also announced today the availability of software and infrastructure solutions featuring Cisco Quantum and new licensed radio technology. These elements, along with enhancements for the core mobile network, demonstrate how an open, programmable, application-aware framework enables service providers to profit from data in motion.
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women