GARDNER, MA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- The U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) today announced that it has contracted with TerraTherm, Inc. to carry out thermal remediation of dioxin at Vietnam's Danang Airport. TerraTherm's remediation technology plays a vital role in the U.S.-funded project's efforts to clean up dioxin contamination in areas of Danang airport where herbicides were stored and handled during the U.S.-Vietnam War. USAID is working in close coordination with the Government of Vietnam (GVN) and other contractors to implement this ongoing project through 2016. The contract value of USAID's award to TerraTherm is $36.8 million.
USAID selected TerraTherm's In-Pile Thermal Desorption® (IPTD®) technology for treatment of approximately 73,000 cubic meters (95,000 cubic yards) of soil and sediment at Danang Airport. The IPTD® approach incorporates placing contaminated soil and sediment within an above-ground, covered and fully insulated treatment pile structure, and then heating each batch of soil over several months to destroy the dioxin. Once implemented, the technology can safely and effectively treat the soil to the required Vietnamese cleanup levels, as has been demonstrated at similarly-sized projects in the United States. TerraTherm is working with Krüger/VWS-VN to implement the project.
TerraTherm, Inc. is a worldwide leader in the development and implementation of in situ and on-site thermal remediation of toxic contaminants. They design, build and operate projects from concept to closure, using Thermal Conduction Heating (TCH), Steam Enhanced Extraction (SEE), Resistance Heating, and combinations of the above. With offices in Massachusetts and California, and sublicensees such as Krüger A/S (eight European countries) and SheGoTec (Japan), they offer services worldwide. For more information, visit www.terratherm.com.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Email: Email Contact
151 Suffolk Lane
Gardner, MA 01440 USA
Phone: (978) 730-1200
Fax: (978) 632-3422
Most Popular Stories
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- 2014 World Cup Official Noisemakers Quieter than Vuvuzelas
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics