ANORTH-EAST law firm will hold a seminar advising businesses on how to use social media. Latimer Hinks, in Darlington, will look at Twitter and Facebook and how to address issues, including employee misconduct, protecting confidential information and damage to reputation.
Nick Poole, Latimer Hinks partner, said: "The use of social media at work is increasingly a hot potato and Twitter and Facebook are something employers need to get to grips with. Social media connects millions of people across the world every day, and it is an increasingly important way for people to communicate.
"It can be an effective tool for marketing and brand awareness, but while the benefits are numerous, there are also pitfalls, and employee use of social media can result in serious legal liabilities."
The seminar takes place in the Mercure King's Hotel, Darlington, from 8.30am until 10am on Thursday, February 28.
Most Popular Stories
- 2016 Camaro Shrinks, Moves to Caddy Platform
- More Hispanic Voters May Not Mean More Clout
- Eric Garcia Appointed as Revenue Chief
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Apple Pay Debuts With Few Issues
- New Effort to Ban Child Labor From Tobacco Farms
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week
- Government: 500 Million Records Stolen in 12 Months
- Pistorius Gets 5-year Sentence in Shooting Death
- Mom Makes Toys R Us Pull 'Breaking Bad' Dolls