ANORTH-EAST law firm will hold a seminar advising businesses on how to use social media. Latimer Hinks, in Darlington, will look at Twitter and Facebook and how to address issues, including employee misconduct, protecting confidential information and damage to reputation.
Nick Poole, Latimer Hinks partner, said: "The use of social media at work is increasingly a hot potato and Twitter and Facebook are something employers need to get to grips with. Social media connects millions of people across the world every day, and it is an increasingly important way for people to communicate.
"It can be an effective tool for marketing and brand awareness, but while the benefits are numerous, there are also pitfalls, and employee use of social media can result in serious legal liabilities."
The seminar takes place in the Mercure King's Hotel, Darlington, from 8.30am until 10am on Thursday, February 28.
Most Popular Stories
- U.S. Families 'Extraordinarily Vulnerable': Yellen
- Larry Ellison Steps Down as Oracle CEO
- Hillary Clinton to Address CHCI Conference
- Alibaba Prices IPO at $68 a Share
- Apple Locks Itself Out of Devices
- Veterans to Get Training as Solar Panel Installers
- Hispanics Doubt Marco Rubio's Chances
- Wildfires Rage in California
- John Cantlie Delivers ISIS Message to Save Life
- Alibaba: Today China, Tomorrow the World