ANORTH-EAST law firm will hold a seminar advising businesses on how to use social media. Latimer Hinks, in Darlington, will look at Twitter and Facebook and how to address issues, including employee misconduct, protecting confidential information and damage to reputation.
Nick Poole, Latimer Hinks partner, said: "The use of social media at work is increasingly a hot potato and Twitter and Facebook are something employers need to get to grips with. Social media connects millions of people across the world every day, and it is an increasingly important way for people to communicate.
"It can be an effective tool for marketing and brand awareness, but while the benefits are numerous, there are also pitfalls, and employee use of social media can result in serious legal liabilities."
The seminar takes place in the Mercure King's Hotel, Darlington, from 8.30am until 10am on Thursday, February 28.
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Wisconsin Gov. Campaign Aide Fired Over Tweets
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today
- Fraud Potential Great With Health Care Subsidies, Treasury Says