ANORTH-EAST law firm will hold a seminar advising businesses on how to use social media. Latimer Hinks, in Darlington, will look at Twitter and Facebook and how to address issues, including employee misconduct, protecting confidential information and damage to reputation.
Nick Poole, Latimer Hinks partner, said: "The use of social media at work is increasingly a hot potato and Twitter and Facebook are something employers need to get to grips with. Social media connects millions of people across the world every day, and it is an increasingly important way for people to communicate.
"It can be an effective tool for marketing and brand awareness, but while the benefits are numerous, there are also pitfalls, and employee use of social media can result in serious legal liabilities."
The seminar takes place in the Mercure King's Hotel, Darlington, from 8.30am until 10am on Thursday, February 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- Emirati announces new film project at Cannes
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney