BIRMINGHAM, AL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- Walter Energy (NYSE: WLT) (TSX: WLT), the world's leading, publicly traded "pure-play" producer of metallurgical coal for the global steel industry, announced that long-time independent director Howard Clark, Jr., retired, effective yesterday.
"On behalf of our entire Board, I would like to extend our deep gratitude to Howard Clark, whose wisdom and insight have been invaluable resources over his nearly 19 years as an independent director," said Michael T. Tokarz, Non-Executive Chairman of Walter Energy. "Walter Energy has benefited greatly from his commitment to our company and our shareholders."
As a result of Mr. Clark's retirement and Ms. Henderson's election announced earlier today, the Walter Energy board will continue to consist of nine independent directors plus the Company's Chief Executive Officer.
About Walter Energy
Walter Energy is the world's leading, publicly traded "pure-play" metallurgical coal producer for global industry with strategic access to high-growth steel markets in Asia, South America and Europe. The Company also produces thermal coal, anthracite, metallurgical coke and coal bed methane gas. Walter Energy employs approximately 4,100 employees and contractors with operations in the United States, Canada and United Kingdom.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
Vice President, Investor Relations
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law