TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- CANADIAN FRIENDS OF SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTRE
With a united membership of 30,000 Canadians, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center (FSWC) is Canada's Leading Human Rights Advocacy and Education Awareness Organization. For over 30 years, FSWC has been the Recognized Voice of Canada's foremost leaders in diversity, tolerance and human rights education. FSWC exists to promote an environment that fosters freedom and democratic values across Ontario, Canada and internationally.
In response to the launching of the Canadian Office of Religious Freedom and the naming of Dr. Andrew Bennett, Dean of Augustine College in Ottawa as the office's new Ambassador, the President and CEO of Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies, Avi Benlolo, stated:
"Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is proud to support the Government of Canada and the Prime Minister at the launch of the Office of Religious Freedom - a hub for the promotion of religion, education and human rights. We look forward to working with Dr. Bennett and other leaders in the field of education and human rights here in Canada and internationally, as we promote our shared objectives of safeguarding religious rights and democracy around the world."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students
- Baker Hughes to Disclose Fracking Chemicals
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think