TORONTO, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- CANADIAN FRIENDS OF SIMON WIESENTHAL CENTRE
With a united membership of 30,000 Canadians, Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center (FSWC) is Canada's Leading Human Rights Advocacy and Education Awareness Organization. For over 30 years, FSWC has been the Recognized Voice of Canada's foremost leaders in diversity, tolerance and human rights education. FSWC exists to promote an environment that fosters freedom and democratic values across Ontario, Canada and internationally.
In response to the launching of the Canadian Office of Religious Freedom and the naming of Dr. Andrew Bennett, Dean of Augustine College in Ottawa as the office's new Ambassador, the President and CEO of Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies, Avi Benlolo, stated:
"Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center is proud to support the Government of Canada and the Prime Minister at the launch of the Office of Religious Freedom - a hub for the promotion of religion, education and human rights. We look forward to working with Dr. Bennett and other leaders in the field of education and human rights here in Canada and internationally, as we promote our shared objectives of safeguarding religious rights and democracy around the world."
Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies
416.864.9735 x 32
Most Popular Stories
- Fantasy Football Gambling Industry Facing Increased Legal Scrutiny
- Obama Promoting Economic Gains As Elections Near
- NATO Plans High-Readiness Force to Counter Russia
- As States Legalize Pot, Will Traffic Deaths Rise?
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Conquers the North American Box Office with $16.3M
- GE Capital and Petters-Related Fund in Legal Battle
- California Conservation Conundrum: Water Use Varies Greatly Across State
- Combating Online Abuse Not Easy for Gamers
- Even With Surly 2014 Electorate, It's 'Still an Incumbent's World'
- Feds Want Nuclear Waste Train, but Nowhere to Go