Facebook Inc. will add to its camp as it seeks to hire its first global head of diversity.
The position is meant to keep the social-media giant's diversity efforts on a pace with its own phenomenal growth.
"This role will focus on end-to-end people diversity and inclusion," Slater Tow, a spokesman for Facebook, said in an emailed statement. "In the past, our diversity and inclusion efforts were decentralized amongst many employees and, given our stage of growth, we are consolidating our work and people into one team."
The new position is consistent with Facebook's hiring of creative people of different perspectives and background. The global head of diversity position will be responsible for managing diversity teams and diversity recruitment, as well as development and retention.
"We are a global platform serving over a billion people around the world, and we believe that diversity inside helps us build better products for the people who use our site," Tow said. "We make a substantial effort to hire a diverse array of talent. Our COO, Sheryl Sandberg, has been an outspoken advocate for the success of women in the workplace, and this has had a huge impact on our efforts to build diversity."
To view the global head of diversity job description, click here.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'