SAN JOSE, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/19/13 -- With the mobile Internet predicted to grow 13-fold between 2012 and 2017 with the addition of billions of connections between people, devices and objects, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) today introduced a range of major innovations to enable service providers to more effectively monetize those connections. The new Cisco technologies enable service providers to deliver new, better and more personalized connected experiences and to gain more intelligence about those networked connections that they can utilize to deliver new revenue-generating services.
Many of the new business opportunities presented by the growing connectivity of people, data, processes, information and devices (the 'Internet of Everything') center on analyzing and monetizing "data in motion." Data in motion consists of real-time and near real-time data generated by mobile and fixed connections between people, things and processes. According to the Cisco Visual Networking Index (VNI) Global Mobile Data Traffic Forecast, by 2017 there will be more than 10 billion mobile-ready devices/connections -- including 8.6 billion personal mobile devices and 1.7 billion machine-to-machine connections
To help ensure service providers accommodate exploding network traffic and profit from it, Cisco is aggressively delivering innovative mobile solutions in three key areas: software, access and infrastructure.
Most Popular Stories
- Accenture Gets 8 Percent Bump in Q1
- Insurance Rule Change Angers Industry
- Alex Kinsey, Sierra Deaton Crowned 'X-Factor' Champs
- Revised GDP Up 4.1 Percent in 3rd Quarter
- Obama Opens Last-Minute Loophole in Insurance Law
- Obama's Dad Was Abusive Drunk, Half Brother Says
- Brian Boitano Announces That He Is Gay
- Time No Longer Stands Still for Cuban Entrepreneurs
- Little Risk of Deportation Under Obama
- BlackBerry Posts $4.4 Billion Quarterly Net Loss