Four people are reported dead and two wounded in multiple shootings in Southern California, authorities said Tuesday.
Police say one of the dead is believed to be the man who shot the others, the Orange County (Calif.) Register reported.
He is believed to have shot himself after police stopped his car on the 55 Freeway in the city of Orange, officials said.
The first shooting was reported about 5:20 a.m. in Ladera Ranch, where one person was killed inside a home, said a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The shooter fled in an sports utility vehicle and then allegedly carjacked three vehicles in Tustin, police said.
In the first carjacking, a bystander was shot but not seriously injured.
The driver of the second carjacked vehicle was shot and killed, police said.
The gunman then hijacked a third vehicle, police said, shooting two people. One of them died, and the other was taken to a nearby hospital.
Police found the suspect driving on the 55 Freeway. He shot himself before police said they could make contact with him.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- Ford Bumps Price of New F-150
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire