Four people are reported dead and two wounded in multiple shootings in Southern California, authorities said Tuesday.
Police say one of the dead is believed to be the man who shot the others, the Orange County (Calif.) Register reported.
He is believed to have shot himself after police stopped his car on the 55 Freeway in the city of Orange, officials said.
The first shooting was reported about 5:20 a.m. in Ladera Ranch, where one person was killed inside a home, said a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The shooter fled in an sports utility vehicle and then allegedly carjacked three vehicles in Tustin, police said.
In the first carjacking, a bystander was shot but not seriously injured.
The driver of the second carjacked vehicle was shot and killed, police said.
The gunman then hijacked a third vehicle, police said, shooting two people. One of them died, and the other was taken to a nearby hospital.
Police found the suspect driving on the 55 Freeway. He shot himself before police said they could make contact with him.
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Obama Building Ebola Coalition for Africa Fight
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic