Four people are reported dead and two wounded in multiple shootings in Southern California, authorities said Tuesday.
Police say one of the dead is believed to be the man who shot the others, the Orange County (Calif.) Register reported.
He is believed to have shot himself after police stopped his car on the 55 Freeway in the city of Orange, officials said.
The first shooting was reported about 5:20 a.m. in Ladera Ranch, where one person was killed inside a home, said a spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department.
The shooter fled in an sports utility vehicle and then allegedly carjacked three vehicles in Tustin, police said.
In the first carjacking, a bystander was shot but not seriously injured.
The driver of the second carjacked vehicle was shot and killed, police said.
The gunman then hijacked a third vehicle, police said, shooting two people. One of them died, and the other was taken to a nearby hospital.
Police found the suspect driving on the 55 Freeway. He shot himself before police said they could make contact with him.
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan