CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report examining the Alberta government's increased program spending since 2005 and subsequent deficits on Tuesday, February 19 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The study, Alberta's $22-Billion Lost Opportunity, calculates the economic cost of the province's inability to hold government spending to the rate of inflation plus population growth. The report also examines the lack of disclosure on the cost of public-sector compensation beyond direct government employees, and what portion of program spending is devoted to such costs.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire on Tuesday, February 19 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
The Fraser Institute
(403) 216-7175 ext. 423
Cell: (403) 510-6270
The Fraser Institute
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- Pussy Riot Members Attacked at McDonald's