CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 -- The Fraser Institute will release a new report examining the Alberta government's increased program spending since 2005 and subsequent deficits on Tuesday, February 19 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The study, Alberta's $22-Billion Lost Opportunity, calculates the economic cost of the province's inability to hold government spending to the rate of inflation plus population growth. The report also examines the lack of disclosure on the cost of public-sector compensation beyond direct government employees, and what portion of program spending is devoted to such costs.
A news release with additional information will be issued via Marketwire on Tuesday, February 19 at 6:30 a.m. (Mountain).
The full report will also be available as a free PDF download at www.fraserinstitute.org.
Follow the Fraser Institute on Twitter | Become a fan on Facebook
The Fraser Institute is an independent Canadian public policy research and educational organization with offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, and Montreal and ties to a global network of 86 think-tanks. Its mission is to measure, study, and communicate the impact of competitive markets and government intervention on the welfare of individuals. To protect the Institute's independence, it does not accept grants from governments or contracts for research. Visit www.fraserinstitute.org.
Add to Digg Bookmark with del.icio.us Add to Newsvine
The Fraser Institute
(403) 216-7175 ext. 423
Cell: (403) 510-6270
The Fraser Institute
Director of Communications
Most Popular Stories
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- The Rise and Fall of Richard Alarcon
- U.N. Renews Demand for Gaza Cease-Fire
- Nissan Profits Rise on Growth in U.S., China
- 'Sharknado' Sequel Has Bite and Lots of Laughs
- Vancrest Assisted Living Project to Add 20 Jobs
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- Pending Home Sales Slipped in June
- Shania Twain's Vegas residency ending after 110 shows
- Fighting Blocks Investigators, Police From MH17 Crash Site