Selena Gomez returns to Disney in a "Wizards" special airing March 15 on Disney Channel.
Gomez, who starred in four seasons of the hit series "Wizards of Waverly Place," returns as Alex Russo, a young woman whose family wants her to give up her magic, reports etonline.com.
But a spell gone wrong divides her into "Good Alex" and "Bad Alex." The actress also makes her producing debut with the special.
The 20-year-old Texan starred in the movie "Monte Carlo" and stars in the upcoming films "Spring Breakers" being released next month and "Getaway" expected in theatres in August.
The original "Wizards" series wrapped up its run on Disney in 2012.
ABC shuffles midseason schedule
ABC is shuffling its midseason schedule starting Feb. 26.
On that date, the network will replace its Tuesday comedy block with the return of one reality TV series and a current cooking show in a new time slot.
"Celebrity Wife Swap," which features unlikely moms exchanging families returns to the lineup at 7 p.m. Feb. 26 with new episodes.
The premiere includes "Splash" contestant and Playmate Kendra Wilkinson and reality TV's Kate Gosselin of "Kate Plus Eight" who spend one week with each other's families and discover how lifestyles, child-rearing and households vary in the celebrity spotlight.
The competitive cooking show "The Taste" will move to 8 p.m. Tuesdays starting Feb. 26.
Following the season finales of the Friday series "Last Man Standing" and Oklahoman Reba McEntire's "Malibu Country," the comedy series "Happy Endings" will move to Fridays with back-to-back original episodes on Fridays starting March 29 starting at 7 p.m.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal