Raising business money from a wide network of small investors -- called "crowdfunding" -- will the be the topic this week of a webinar series hosted by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The free webinar will be held online at noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as part of the agency's recognition of National Entrepreneurship Week, Feb. 17-23.
Crowdfunding uses online tools to solicit small amounts of money from a variety of sources and individuals for community causes, political campaigns, inventions and startup businesses. One popular site is Kickstartstarter.com.
Webinar topics will include the pros and cons of crowdfunding, how it works for business people and how one North Carolina resident used the method to help finance his urban farming operation.
For Web conference registration and login instructions, call 1-888-858-2144 and enter access code 4259370 or visit connectmeeting.att.com.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree