Raising business money from a wide network of small investors -- called "crowdfunding" -- will the be the topic this week of a webinar series hosted by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The free webinar will be held online at noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as part of the agency's recognition of National Entrepreneurship Week, Feb. 17-23.
Crowdfunding uses online tools to solicit small amounts of money from a variety of sources and individuals for community causes, political campaigns, inventions and startup businesses. One popular site is Kickstartstarter.com.
Webinar topics will include the pros and cons of crowdfunding, how it works for business people and how one North Carolina resident used the method to help finance his urban farming operation.
For Web conference registration and login instructions, call 1-888-858-2144 and enter access code 4259370 or visit connectmeeting.att.com.
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Apple Wants Samsung to Pay $22M for Patent Dispute Legal Bills
- Starbucks Gets Grinchy; No Gingerbread Lattes for Tampa Customers
- Apple Paid Its Lawyers More Than $60MM to Defeat Samsung in Court
- Jobs Report Brings Cheer As Unemployment Drops to Five-year Low
- Economic Bright Spots Not a Sure Boost for President Obama
- US Consumer Borrowing Rose $18.2B in Oct.