Raising business money from a wide network of small investors -- called "crowdfunding" -- will the be the topic this week of a webinar series hosted by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The free webinar will be held online at noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as part of the agency's recognition of National Entrepreneurship Week, Feb. 17-23.
Crowdfunding uses online tools to solicit small amounts of money from a variety of sources and individuals for community causes, political campaigns, inventions and startup businesses. One popular site is Kickstartstarter.com.
Webinar topics will include the pros and cons of crowdfunding, how it works for business people and how one North Carolina resident used the method to help finance his urban farming operation.
For Web conference registration and login instructions, call 1-888-858-2144 and enter access code 4259370 or visit connectmeeting.att.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low