Raising business money from a wide network of small investors -- called "crowdfunding" -- will the be the topic this week of a webinar series hosted by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
The free webinar will be held online at noon Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as part of the agency's recognition of National Entrepreneurship Week, Feb. 17-23.
Crowdfunding uses online tools to solicit small amounts of money from a variety of sources and individuals for community causes, political campaigns, inventions and startup businesses. One popular site is Kickstartstarter.com.
Webinar topics will include the pros and cons of crowdfunding, how it works for business people and how one North Carolina resident used the method to help finance his urban farming operation.
For Web conference registration and login instructions, call 1-888-858-2144 and enter access code 4259370 or visit connectmeeting.att.com.
Most Popular Stories
- Gas Prices Expected to Stay High
- Yahoo to Pay $1.1 Billion for Tumblr
- Consumer Spending Will Offset Sequester: Economists
- AT&T Seeks to Fill 120 Jobs in South Carolina
- California Considers Oil Tax to Fund Schools
- Google Fiber Making an Impact
- Will Yahoo Splurge on $1-Billion acquisition of Tumblr?
- Yahoo Indeed Buying Tumblr
- Dude! California Beach Parking Plan Making Waves
- Record Yearly Profit for Ryanair