OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. and the National Automobile, Aerospace, Transportation and General Workers Union of Canada (CAW-Canada) Locals 252, 524 and 2228 on ratifying a new collective agreement.
"I am pleased that GE Hitachi and the CAW-Canada worked together to reach an agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. manufactures nuclear fuel bundles for Canada's nuclear power plants from uranium dioxide powder. The CAW-Canada represents a unit of about 150 employees working at the Toronto, Peterborough and Arnprior General Electric plants who assemble and maintain fuel bundles. Their previous collective agreement expired on February 15, 2013.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- Koch Brothers Took Genes, Money in Different Directions
- Rocket Explodes During U.S. Test Flight
- Short-Term Loans Comes at a Heavy Price
- Is Diversity in the Eye of the Beholder?
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- 'Mythbusters' Build Team Gets the Boot
- Jennifer Lopez Would Marry Again
- Florida Judge Rules in Favor of GOP Voter Map
- Investors Betting on ECB Stimulus Measures