OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. and the National Automobile, Aerospace, Transportation and General Workers Union of Canada (CAW-Canada) Locals 252, 524 and 2228 on ratifying a new collective agreement.
"I am pleased that GE Hitachi and the CAW-Canada worked together to reach an agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. manufactures nuclear fuel bundles for Canada's nuclear power plants from uranium dioxide powder. The CAW-Canada represents a unit of about 150 employees working at the Toronto, Peterborough and Arnprior General Electric plants who assemble and maintain fuel bundles. Their previous collective agreement expired on February 15, 2013.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges