OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/18/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, congratulated GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. and the National Automobile, Aerospace, Transportation and General Workers Union of Canada (CAW-Canada) Locals 252, 524 and 2228 on ratifying a new collective agreement.
"I am pleased that GE Hitachi and the CAW-Canada worked together to reach an agreement," said Minister Raitt. "Strong labour-management relations benefit the economic prosperity and security of Canadians."
GE Hitachi Nuclear Energy Canada Inc. manufactures nuclear fuel bundles for Canada's nuclear power plants from uranium dioxide powder. The CAW-Canada represents a unit of about 150 employees working at the Toronto, Peterborough and Arnprior General Electric plants who assemble and maintain fuel bundles. Their previous collective agreement expired on February 15, 2013.
The agreement was reached with assistance from the Labour Program's Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service. The Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service provides dispute resolution and dispute prevention assistance to trade unions and employers under the jurisdiction of the Canada Labour Code.
This news release is available in alternative formats upon request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- TFA Recruiting DACA Recipients
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Scotch Whisky Sales Raise Distillers' Spirits
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- Holiday Shopping Off to a Slow Start This Season
- Health Coverage Disparities Emerge Among States
- Fake Deaf Interpreter Was Hallucinating, Has Schizophrenia
- Podesta Likely to Reject Keystone XL
- Tea Party Glum in Face of Bipartisan Budget Deal