In his Twitter account, the chief of state thanked Commanders
Fidel and Raul Castro and the entire Venezuelan people for the love
shown to him during his recovery process.
President Hugo Chavez returned to the country in the wee hours of today after staying in Havana, Cuba, for two months and seven days and after undergoing a fourth surgery following the recurrence of cancer cells.
Via his account in the social network Twitter @chavezcandanga, he wrote: "Thanks to God and to my people, I have arrived in my cherished fatherland again."
The chief of state has been admitted to the Carlos Arvelo Military Hospital in San Martin, San Juan Parish, located in Libertador Municipality, Vice President Nicolas Maduro disclosed in a conversation with Communications and Information Minister Ernesto Villegas aired via Venezolana de Television.
"We must thank our people because this minority (the right) has tried everything in its attempt to disrupt the country's peace. Despite everything, the fatherland is moving forward, becoming stronger, and supporting President Chavez."
Maduro urged the people and the governors to organize and unite to express their solidarity with the leader of the Bolivarian revolution and to face the destabilization attempts by the right, which has not stopped a single minute since Commander Chavez's battle [for his health] began.
He called on all Venezuelans to express their joy for the president's return at Bolivar Squares throughout the country. "This battle continues and the commander is here with the people."
In the next hours, Diosdado Cabello, first vice president of the United Socialist Party of Venezuela, will convene a meeting to discuss the work guidelines for the revolutionary membership, Maduro pointed out. =
Most Popular Stories
- Schedule packed with talent at the Fox
- Entrepreneurs Chase Social Media
- European Car Sales up First Time in 20 Months
- I never set out to be a role model but it's great to be one ; IN THE HOTSEATBetter known by his stage name Wretch 32, Jermaine Sinclair is a 28-year-old rapper from London. In 2011 his debut album Black and White sold over a million copies and scored three top five singles. His latest single Blackout was released this week
- Austin musicians point to a variety of reasons to appreciate McCartney
- Manila's Hollywood Week
- Promoter McLean 'provided more musical joy than Dylan and Prince combined'
- SINCE YOU ASKED [Pittsburgh Tribune-Review (PA)]
- Financial Times Twitter, Email Hacked
- The Blade, Toledo, Ohio, TK Barger column