How small businesses can use crowdfunding as a finance option is the focus of three Webinars scheduled for next week by the U.S. Small Business Administration.
Crowdfunding makes use of Facebook and other social media sites to attract investors for a new enterprise. Here's the Webinar lineup, which begins each day at 1 p.m.: Tuesday: Jay Goth, a California technology business consultant, will discuss the pros and cons of crowdfunding. Wednesday: Kevin Lehman, CEO of Three Revolutions, which connects food innovators to investors, will discuss crowdfunding innovation.Thursday: Ryan Finch will talk about starting urban farms. He's general manager of Raleigh City Farm, aimed at turning vacant lots into small farms.Information on accessing the Webinars: sba.gov/about-sba-services/7367/475661
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Hispanic Leader Goes the Extra Mile
- Xavier Gutierrez Appointed to Bank Board
- Ted Cruz: Why Did FAA Ban Flights to Israel?
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Morgan Stanley Ponies Up $275 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Stop-Start Engines Save Gas, Reduce Emissions
- Risks of Layoffs Becoming Rarer in U.S.
- Long-term Strengths Emerge in U.S. Economy
- Weekly Jobless Claims Drop to Lowest Level in 8 Years