Feb. 16-- Forget young Han Solo. "Star Wars" fans are going to get to see an older Han, too.
Latino Review's Umberto Gonzalez, also known as El Mayimbe, reports that Harrison Ford will return as Solo in future "Star Wars" films.
Gonzalez, who has proven a reliable source for movie news, dropped the report on "Fox News Latino" and then posted it on Latino Review's website. Disney has not confirmed the report.
Gonzalez said it wasn't revealed what films Ford would appear in but "the deal's pretty big. Significant for him." A large contract would point toward Ford's appearance being more than a cameo.
Ford had expressed his interest in returning to the role of the Corellian smuggler, and rumors said Han, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker would play a part in "Episode VII," which may feature Han and Leia's children. With reports of a movie featuring a young Han Solo, it's possible Ford could appear in that film as well if the movie were told as a flashback.
Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have said they were also interested in reprising their roles as twins Leia and Luke, but in November Hamill said they had questions about "Episode VII" that they wanted answered before committing to the film. With Ford on board, Fisher and Hamill will probably not be far behind.
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- What Will Happen When Quantitative Easing Ends?
- Immigration Reform Would Decrease U.S. Budget Deficit
- MillerCoors Taps New Hispanic Ad Agency
- Aetna Leaving California's Individual Health Insurance Market
- Conference Slated for Hispanic Tech Startups
- Tea Party Wants to 'Audit the IRS'
- Calories Count: Starbucks to Post the Numbers on Menu Boards