Feb. 16-- Forget young Han Solo. "Star Wars" fans are going to get to see an older Han, too.
Latino Review's Umberto Gonzalez, also known as El Mayimbe, reports that Harrison Ford will return as Solo in future "Star Wars" films.
Gonzalez, who has proven a reliable source for movie news, dropped the report on "Fox News Latino" and then posted it on Latino Review's website. Disney has not confirmed the report.
Gonzalez said it wasn't revealed what films Ford would appear in but "the deal's pretty big. Significant for him." A large contract would point toward Ford's appearance being more than a cameo.
Ford had expressed his interest in returning to the role of the Corellian smuggler, and rumors said Han, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker would play a part in "Episode VII," which may feature Han and Leia's children. With reports of a movie featuring a young Han Solo, it's possible Ford could appear in that film as well if the movie were told as a flashback.
Carrie Fisher and Mark Hamill have said they were also interested in reprising their roles as twins Leia and Luke, but in November Hamill said they had questions about "Episode VII" that they wanted answered before committing to the film. With Ford on board, Fisher and Hamill will probably not be far behind.
(c)2013 Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.)
Visit Tulsa World (Tulsa, Okla.) at www.tulsaworld.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Criminal Investigation Opened Into James Foley's Death
- McDonald's Names Another U.S. President
- U.S. Supporters of Islamic State Get Close Scrutiny
- Sahara Casino Rises Anew as SLS Las Vegas
- Job Market Shifts Complicate Yellen's Rate Decision
- Swiss Suicide Tourism Doubled Since 2009
- The Hip New Career? Farming
- Deere Announces New Round of Layoffs
- Chinese Coal Gas Boom Poses Climate Risks
- Dems Losing Fear of Obamacare