MIAMI, FL -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- Underscoring its commitment to becoming an indispensible annual destination for Hispanic journalists, Hispanicize 2013 (#Hispz13) today unveiled the speakers line up and topics for the 20 sessions of its inaugural Hispanic Journalist Showcase.
The Who's Who of Hispanic journalists, commentators and leaders speaking at the event include CNN "Starting Point" anchor Soledad O'Brien; Univision America personality and radio talk show host Fernando Espuelas; nationally known political pundits Leslie Sanchez and Maria Cardona; NBC Latino Executive Editor Chris Peña; Web Journalist Chat Creator (#WJChat) and USC Professor Robert Hernandez; serial entrepreneur, author and former columnist Kathy Cano-Murillo of Crafty Chica; TV personality and Fox News Latino contributor Rick Sanchez and Multimedia journalist and editor and publisher of Media Moves, Veronica Villafañe, among many others.
"This showcase is razor-focused on the speakers, topics and trends that most impact the careers of today's Hispanic journalists," said Manny Ruiz, founder of Hispanicize 2013 and himself a former print reporter. "This marks a new chapter for the Hispanicize event as we transform from a place where media solely come to cover news and celebrities to one that also equips journalists with high impactful content by journalists for journalists. Every day is jam-packed with journalist content and of course journalists can choose to attend ANY portion of the event sessions they want."
Hispanicize 2013 (www.hispanicizeevent.com) will take place April 9-13, 2013 at the Eden Roc Hotel in Miami Beach (RESERVE HERE). At the fourth annual Latino trends event, journalists, bloggers, filmmakers, marketers and music artists will convene throughout the course of five days for more than 80 sessions to hear 220 speakers present about every facet of media, social media, entertainment and marketing.
Below is the day-by-day schedule of the Hispanic Journalist Showcase portion of the event. Note that this schedule is subject to change and like the broader, multi-industry sessions of the event that will be posted shortly, it is being updated online at http://www.hispanicizeevent.com/schedule-2.html.
Tuesday, April 9
- Facebook for Journalists (en español)
- Twitter for Journalists (en español)
- Church and State: How to Juggle Your Professional and Personal Personas in Social Media
Wednesday, April 10
- The State of Hispanic Journalism in 2013: An Honest Look at the Obstacles, Opportunities and Trends Impacting Latino Journalists
- Your Ultimate Guide to Freelancing in the Digital Age
- Visual Reporting Best Practices for Web Video and Photography
- Facebook for Hispanic Journalists
- Vroom, Vroom: Getting Plugged into the Automotive Industry
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women