CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- Platino Energy Corp. ("Platino" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: PZE) has completed the transition of the responsibilities of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company from Randy McLeod to Dr. Tomas Villamil, formerly Executive Vice President, Exploration of C&C Energia Ltd. ("C&C"), effective February 15, 2013. Messrs. McLeod and Villamil worked closely together over the past five weeks to ensure a smooth transition and successful launch of the Company's operations. Mr. McLeod has also resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company, effective February 15, 2013.
Mr. Carl Tricoli, Chairman of the Company, thanks Mr. McLeod for his contribution to Platino (which was formed in connection with the acquisition of C&C by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.). Mr. Tricoli said "Randy was instrumental in the growth and ultimate sale of C&C, providing great leadership and expertise as CEO and a board member. We want to sincerely thank Randy for his tireless efforts and wish him the best in his retirement. We look forward to Tomas' leadership going forward; Tomas was the founder of C&C and responsible for the exploration success that was the foundation of C&C's growth and is the perfect leader for Platino."
About Platino Energy
Platino is a Calgary, Alberta headquartered resource company engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition, development and production of hydrocarbons in Colombia.
Platino Energy Corp.
Vice-President, Business Development
Most Popular Stories
- Honda' s Accord Plug-in Hybrid Is a Fuel Miser
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats Records Dispute Resolved
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Social Media Startups That Pay You to Post
- Female Business Owners Still Face Gender Gap
- Amazon Fire Phone Improves on Familiar: Review
- Congress Leaving Town as Deadlines Loom
- Oregon Voters to Decide on Recreational Pot
- 4th Circuit Upholds Obamacare Subsidies
- Oregon to Vote on Recreational Marijuana