CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- Platino Energy Corp. ("Platino" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: PZE) has completed the transition of the responsibilities of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company from Randy McLeod to Dr. Tomas Villamil, formerly Executive Vice President, Exploration of C&C Energia Ltd. ("C&C"), effective February 15, 2013. Messrs. McLeod and Villamil worked closely together over the past five weeks to ensure a smooth transition and successful launch of the Company's operations. Mr. McLeod has also resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company, effective February 15, 2013.
Mr. Carl Tricoli, Chairman of the Company, thanks Mr. McLeod for his contribution to Platino (which was formed in connection with the acquisition of C&C by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.). Mr. Tricoli said "Randy was instrumental in the growth and ultimate sale of C&C, providing great leadership and expertise as CEO and a board member. We want to sincerely thank Randy for his tireless efforts and wish him the best in his retirement. We look forward to Tomas' leadership going forward; Tomas was the founder of C&C and responsible for the exploration success that was the foundation of C&C's growth and is the perfect leader for Platino."
About Platino Energy
Platino is a Calgary, Alberta headquartered resource company engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition, development and production of hydrocarbons in Colombia.
Platino Energy Corp.
Vice-President, Business Development
Most Popular Stories
- Obama's Delay on Immigration Creates Uncertainty
- Obama on Labor Day: Don't Take Rights for Granted
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- California Passes First US Statewide Bag Ban
- New Hershey's Logo Revealed
- Buyer's Remorse on Common Core for Policymakers?
- Mexico's Pemex Forecasts 6.7% Drop in 2014 Crude Production
- American Airlines Back on Obitz
- Echeveste Steps Down, Perez Steps Up at VPE
- Startups Offer Smartphone Banking Apps