CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- Platino Energy Corp. ("Platino" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: PZE) has completed the transition of the responsibilities of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company from Randy McLeod to Dr. Tomas Villamil, formerly Executive Vice President, Exploration of C&C Energia Ltd. ("C&C"), effective February 15, 2013. Messrs. McLeod and Villamil worked closely together over the past five weeks to ensure a smooth transition and successful launch of the Company's operations. Mr. McLeod has also resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company, effective February 15, 2013.
Mr. Carl Tricoli, Chairman of the Company, thanks Mr. McLeod for his contribution to Platino (which was formed in connection with the acquisition of C&C by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.). Mr. Tricoli said "Randy was instrumental in the growth and ultimate sale of C&C, providing great leadership and expertise as CEO and a board member. We want to sincerely thank Randy for his tireless efforts and wish him the best in his retirement. We look forward to Tomas' leadership going forward; Tomas was the founder of C&C and responsible for the exploration success that was the foundation of C&C's growth and is the perfect leader for Platino."
About Platino Energy
Platino is a Calgary, Alberta headquartered resource company engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition, development and production of hydrocarbons in Colombia.
Platino Energy Corp.
Vice-President, Business Development
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day