CALGARY, ALBERTA -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- Platino Energy Corp. ("Platino" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE: PZE) has completed the transition of the responsibilities of the President and Chief Executive Officer of the Company from Randy McLeod to Dr. Tomas Villamil, formerly Executive Vice President, Exploration of C&C Energia Ltd. ("C&C"), effective February 15, 2013. Messrs. McLeod and Villamil worked closely together over the past five weeks to ensure a smooth transition and successful launch of the Company's operations. Mr. McLeod has also resigned from the Board of Directors of the Company, effective February 15, 2013.
Mr. Carl Tricoli, Chairman of the Company, thanks Mr. McLeod for his contribution to Platino (which was formed in connection with the acquisition of C&C by Pacific Rubiales Energy Corp.). Mr. Tricoli said "Randy was instrumental in the growth and ultimate sale of C&C, providing great leadership and expertise as CEO and a board member. We want to sincerely thank Randy for his tireless efforts and wish him the best in his retirement. We look forward to Tomas' leadership going forward; Tomas was the founder of C&C and responsible for the exploration success that was the foundation of C&C's growth and is the perfect leader for Platino."
About Platino Energy
Platino is a Calgary, Alberta headquartered resource company engaged in the exploration for, and the acquisition, development and production of hydrocarbons in Colombia.
Platino Energy Corp.
Vice-President, Business Development
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend