OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/15/13 -- NAV CANADA announced today its traffic figures for the month of January 2013 as measured in weighted charging units for en-route, terminal and oceanic air navigation services, in comparison to the last fiscal year.
The traffic in January 2013 decreased by an average of 1.0 per cent compared to the same month in 2012.
Fiscal 2013 year-to-date traffic was 1.8 per cent lower than in the prior fiscal year. NAV CANADA's fiscal year runs from September 1 to August 31.
Weighted charging units represent a traffic measure that reflects the number of flights, aircraft size and distance flown in Canadian airspace.
The information contained in this news release is also available in graph form.
NAV CANADA is the country's private sector civil air navigation services provider. With operations from coast to coast to coast, NAV CANADA provides air traffic control, flight information, weather briefings, aeronautical information services, airport advisory services and electronic aids to navigation.
Director, Government and Public Affairs
Manager, Media Relations
Media Information Line:
Most Popular Stories
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Apple Said to Duck Billions in Taxes
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion