Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- National Retail Federation Reduces Sales Forecast
- Amazon Hiring on Calif.'s Central Coast
- Execs Help Entrepreneurs, Get Chevy Volts
- Pandora Tumbles in Late Trading
- Sporty Ford Fiesta Fires on All 3 Cylinders
- Prison Workers Wanted
- Jennifer Lopez Throws Big Bash for Birthday
- Citigroup Unit Paying $5 Million to Settle SEC Charges
- Small Firms Take Out the Trash in Jersey
- Obama Seeks Help From Central American Leaders