Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Mazda MX-5 Miata Is Fast and Eager
- Tablets, Cars Drive AT&T Gains
- Tech Firms Flock to LA's 'Silicon Beach'
- Small Businesses Add 3 More Worries to Their List
- Apple Warns of China iCloud Attack
- Job Hunting Is Hard Work
- DOMA Tech Adding Jobs to Process VA Claims
- Ford, GM Expect to Report Strong Profits
- Consumer Prices Edge Up, Surprising Economists
- Stocks Subdued After Gains Earlier in Week