Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- Airport Garners Social Media Award
- Social Media Campaign Increases Organ Donor Registrations
- Cost of Health Care Slowing in U.S.
- World Bank: Rich Countries Must Curb Emissions
- Patriots' Aaron Hernandez Questioned in Slaying
- Microsoft Says XBox Is No Big Brother
- Intel Working on Smartwatch; Mum on Possible Apple Link
- Using Acids to Unlock Shale Oil OK, Regulator Says
- NHU, Canada College Partner on B.A. in Child Development
- Fed Will Keep Buying Bonds for Now; Markets Dip