Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- FCC May Allow Companies to Pay for Internet Priority
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Molina Adding Hundreds of Jobs in Michigan
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy