Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women