Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez is breathing
through a tracheal tube due to respiratory problems, the Venezuelan
government said Friday as it released photographs of the president.
Two months after undergoing his latest surgery for cancer in Cuba, the photos showed Chavez with his daughters.
Venezuelan Information Minister Ernesto Villegas said the respiratory problem persists and "makes it difficult" for Chavez to talk, although the president remains "conscious, with full intellectual functions and in close touch with his government team."
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines