OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Today, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, made the following statement about a former Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) employee who after his departure from CIDA worked on a CIDA-funded project:
"It has come to my attention that a former Canadian International Development Agency employee may have been in a conflict of interest."
"I am deeply concerned about this issue, which is why I am immediately referring this matter to the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner for review."
"Until further notice, future payments for this particular project will be withheld," said Minister Fantino.
Daniel Bezalel Richardsen
Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation
Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women