OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Today, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, made the following statement about a former Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) employee who after his departure from CIDA worked on a CIDA-funded project:
"It has come to my attention that a former Canadian International Development Agency employee may have been in a conflict of interest."
"I am deeply concerned about this issue, which is why I am immediately referring this matter to the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner for review."
"Until further notice, future payments for this particular project will be withheld," said Minister Fantino.
Daniel Bezalel Richardsen
Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation
Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say