OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Today, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, made the following statement about a former Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) employee who after his departure from CIDA worked on a CIDA-funded project:
"It has come to my attention that a former Canadian International Development Agency employee may have been in a conflict of interest."
"I am deeply concerned about this issue, which is why I am immediately referring this matter to the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner for review."
"Until further notice, future payments for this particular project will be withheld," said Minister Fantino.
Daniel Bezalel Richardsen
Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation
Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict