OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Today, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, made the following statement about a former Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) employee who after his departure from CIDA worked on a CIDA-funded project:
"It has come to my attention that a former Canadian International Development Agency employee may have been in a conflict of interest."
"I am deeply concerned about this issue, which is why I am immediately referring this matter to the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner for review."
"Until further notice, future payments for this particular project will be withheld," said Minister Fantino.
Daniel Bezalel Richardsen
Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation
Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight
- Family Dollar Will Stick With Dollar Tree