OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- Today, the Honourable Julian Fantino, Minister of International Cooperation, made the following statement about a former Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) employee who after his departure from CIDA worked on a CIDA-funded project:
"It has come to my attention that a former Canadian International Development Agency employee may have been in a conflict of interest."
"I am deeply concerned about this issue, which is why I am immediately referring this matter to the Public Sector Integrity Commissioner for review."
"Until further notice, future payments for this particular project will be withheld," said Minister Fantino.
Daniel Bezalel Richardsen
Press Secretary to the Minister of International Cooperation
Media Relations Office
Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA)
Follow us on Twitter: @CIDA_CA
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- PepsiCo Q1 Profits Rise on Snack Sales, Cost Cuts
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Poor Barbie Sales Drag on Mattel