British actress Maggie Smith told CBS' "60 Minutes" she doesn't watch her wildly popular period drama series, "Downton Abbey."
Smith, 78, has won numerous awards for her portrayal of acid-tongued Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, on the show, which airs in the United States on PBS each season after its ITV premiere.
Asked in a "60 Minutes" interview to air Sunday if she is proud of the show, Smith hesitated, EW.com reported.
"I haven't actually seen it, so I don't -- I don't sit down and watch it," she said.
"Never?" her interviewer pressed.
"No, I haven't watched it," she said.
Smith went on to explain she is a perfectionist who doesn't want to see what she might have done differently by reviewing a finished film or TV show.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List