British actress Maggie Smith told CBS' "60 Minutes" she doesn't watch her wildly popular period drama series, "Downton Abbey."
Smith, 78, has won numerous awards for her portrayal of acid-tongued Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, on the show, which airs in the United States on PBS each season after its ITV premiere.
Asked in a "60 Minutes" interview to air Sunday if she is proud of the show, Smith hesitated, EW.com reported.
"I haven't actually seen it, so I don't -- I don't sit down and watch it," she said.
"Never?" her interviewer pressed.
"No, I haven't watched it," she said.
Smith went on to explain she is a perfectionist who doesn't want to see what she might have done differently by reviewing a finished film or TV show.
Most Popular Stories
- GE Healthcare Bringing Jobs to Massachusetts
- Hispanic NASCAR Driver Ready to Make History
- Faith Groups Divest From Fossil Fuels
- James Foley Killer Could Be ID'd Via Social Media, Voice Recognition
- James Foley Beheading Video Is Real Thing: White House
- Apple Stock Bounces Back Big Time
- Bank of America Agrees to Pay Record $16.65 Billion
- Stocks Moving Higher Again for 4th Day
- Entrepreneur Contest Announced in Idaho
- U.S. Existing Home Sales Rise 4th Month Straight