British actress Maggie Smith told CBS' "60 Minutes" she doesn't watch her wildly popular period drama series, "Downton Abbey."
Smith, 78, has won numerous awards for her portrayal of acid-tongued Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, on the show, which airs in the United States on PBS each season after its ITV premiere.
Asked in a "60 Minutes" interview to air Sunday if she is proud of the show, Smith hesitated, EW.com reported.
"I haven't actually seen it, so I don't -- I don't sit down and watch it," she said.
"Never?" her interviewer pressed.
"No, I haven't watched it," she said.
Smith went on to explain she is a perfectionist who doesn't want to see what she might have done differently by reviewing a finished film or TV show.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Potential Snags to the Bipartisan Budget Deal
- Adam Levine Wins Big as 'The Voice' Crowns Champ
- U.S. Home Construction Hammers Out 5-Year High
- Mega Millions Winning Tickets Sold in Atlanta, San Jose
- Delta: No Voice Calls on our Planes
- Phil Pustejovsky's Relief Real Estate Offers Seminars in Daytona Beach
- Housing Starts Soared in November
- From Fiscal Cliff to Female Head of GM: 2013 in Review
- Legal Dope in Uruguay Breaks International Law, Says Buzzkill U.N.
- China Provokes Bitcoin Crash