British actress Maggie Smith told CBS' "60 Minutes" she doesn't watch her wildly popular period drama series, "Downton Abbey."
Smith, 78, has won numerous awards for her portrayal of acid-tongued Violet Crawley, the Dowager Countess of Grantham, on the show, which airs in the United States on PBS each season after its ITV premiere.
Asked in a "60 Minutes" interview to air Sunday if she is proud of the show, Smith hesitated, EW.com reported.
"I haven't actually seen it, so I don't -- I don't sit down and watch it," she said.
"Never?" her interviewer pressed.
"No, I haven't watched it," she said.
Smith went on to explain she is a perfectionist who doesn't want to see what she might have done differently by reviewing a finished film or TV show.
Most Popular Stories
- Pickup Discounts Boost September Auto Sales
- Teresa Giudice of 'Real Housewives' Faces Prison Time
- Lexus Luxury Compact Sedan Wins Buyers
- Kurdish Militia Still Lack Weapons, Training
- Review: Pay by Phone or Just Keep Using Plastic?
- N.Y. Ups Awards of State Contracts to Minorities
- Dallas Parents Fear Students Exposed to Ebola
- Ebola Victim Was Sent Home by Dallas Hospital
- Why the Bond Market Isn't as Safe as You Think
- Group Offers Online Help for College Students