finance.com/" target="_blank" >
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- "QE has earned itself a nasty reputation because of its close and personal relationship with inflation, but in the current climate, it has become something of a necessary evil."
In her new column for World Finance, Rita Lobo investigates the benefits of quantitative easing. In her first column Rita Reflecting on the advantages of having interest rates lowered and how this might encourage both spending and demand, Lobo argues for a single economic goal: Encouraging output.
The possibility of yielding to higher rates of inflation should not hinder central banks' practising alternative monetary policies. In fact, there's a lot to be gained from allowing inflation to increase. "As we've learnt recently from both China and the US, there's a lot to be said for devaluing your currency."
Lobo's new column, "In defence of..." is a new weekly feature on finance.com/">www.worldfinance.com.
To read "In defence of...quantitative easing", click here finance.com/home/contributors/in-defence-of-quantitative-easing">http://www.worldfinance.com/home/contributors/in-defence-of-quantitative-easing
The March-April issue of World Finance will be in all good newsagents from mid-March, and contains an investigation into French tax management.
World News Media is a leading publisher of quality financial and business magazines, enjoying a global distribution network that includes subscriber lists of the most prominent and senior decision-makers around the world, as well as comprehensive airport, hotel and conference site distribution.
+44 (0)20 7553 4156
Most Popular Stories
- NSA Defends Global Cellphone Tracking Legality
- Ad Counts Rise in 2013 for Hispanic Magazines
- Top Websites for U.S. Hispanics
- Networks Vie for U.S. Hispanic TV Viewers
- Saab Gets Back into the Game; U.S. Auto Sales Soar
- Apple Activates Customer-Tracking iBeacon
- Dell Offers Undisclosed Number of Employee Buyouts
- 2013 Tech Gift Guide: iPad Mini Still Hot; Chromecast a Great Low-Cost Option
- A Biography of Jonathan Ive, Apple's Creative Chief
- Authorities Close to Deal with JPMorgan Chase over Madoff Response