finance.com/" target="_blank" >
LONDON, ENGLAND -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- "QE has earned itself a nasty reputation because of its close and personal relationship with inflation, but in the current climate, it has become something of a necessary evil."
In her new column for World Finance, Rita Lobo investigates the benefits of quantitative easing. In her first column Rita Reflecting on the advantages of having interest rates lowered and how this might encourage both spending and demand, Lobo argues for a single economic goal: Encouraging output.
The possibility of yielding to higher rates of inflation should not hinder central banks' practising alternative monetary policies. In fact, there's a lot to be gained from allowing inflation to increase. "As we've learnt recently from both China and the US, there's a lot to be said for devaluing your currency."
Lobo's new column, "In defence of..." is a new weekly feature on finance.com/">www.worldfinance.com.
To read "In defence of...quantitative easing", click here finance.com/home/contributors/in-defence-of-quantitative-easing">http://www.worldfinance.com/home/contributors/in-defence-of-quantitative-easing
The March-April issue of World Finance will be in all good newsagents from mid-March, and contains an investigation into French tax management.
World News Media is a leading publisher of quality financial and business magazines, enjoying a global distribution network that includes subscriber lists of the most prominent and senior decision-makers around the world, as well as comprehensive airport, hotel and conference site distribution.
+44 (0)20 7553 4156
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women