OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/14/13 -- At the request of the Right Honourable Stephen Harper, Prime Minister of Canada, His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will attend the inauguration ceremony of Park Geun-hye, President-elect of the Republic of Korea, in Seoul, on Monday, February 25, 2013.
"As 2013 marks 50 years of diplomatic relations between Canada and the Republic of Korea, I'm honoured to represent Canada at the inauguration ceremony of Park Geun-hye, President-elect of the Republic of Korea," said the Governor General. "Canada's long-standing relationship with Korea started when Canadian missionaries and teachers made notable cultural, scientific and social contributions to the country's development. Over the last five decades, our bilateral relationship has grown, and has led to Canada and South Korea becoming important trading partners. While in Seoul, I look forward to further strengthening our diplomatic ties with the Korean people and government officials during official functions and events."
The detailed itinerary for this visit will be released at a later date.
Follow GGDavidJohnston and RideauHall on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border
- Islamic State Fights for Control of Syrian Oil Wealth
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- House Votes to Sue Obama
- NSHMBA Names Lincoln as Automotive Partner
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- Exxon Profit Rises, Production Drops