Vatican City - Pope Benedict XVI focused on Lenten prayers in his first Twitter message since announcing his resignation earlier this week.
"During the season of Lent, which begins today, we renew our commitment to the path of conversion, making more room for God in our lives," the pontiff tweeted Wednesday.
This is only about his 30th tweet since joining Twitter last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Americans Still Pessimistic Despite Economic Growth
- Bogdanovitch Delivers Laughs With 'She's Funny'
- Labor Day Travel Up, Gas Prices Down
- Nintendo Launching 'Amiibo' Toy-game Franchise
- U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level to 'Severe'
- Apple to Unveil New Items on Sept. 9
- Parra Joins Exclusive Club of Hispanic CEOs
- Axxis Solutions Appoints Benites as CEO
- Obama Puts Ukraine Violence on Russia
- Canada, Russia Go to War (on Twitter)