Vatican City - Pope Benedict XVI focused on Lenten prayers in his first Twitter message since announcing his resignation earlier this week.
"During the season of Lent, which begins today, we renew our commitment to the path of conversion, making more room for God in our lives," the pontiff tweeted Wednesday.
This is only about his 30th tweet since joining Twitter last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia