Vatican City - Pope Benedict XVI focused on Lenten prayers in his first Twitter message since announcing his resignation earlier this week.
"During the season of Lent, which begins today, we renew our commitment to the path of conversion, making more room for God in our lives," the pontiff tweeted Wednesday.
This is only about his 30th tweet since joining Twitter last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Bipartisan Budget Deal Gets Key Support in House
- Bitcoin Clones Lurch Onto Financial Scene
- Clinton to Keynote Annual Simmons Leadership Conference
- GM to Stop Making Autos in Australia
- Selena Gomez, Shakira Among Top Hispanic Searches
- PhD Project Grooms Business Profs
- How Bitcoin and Other Cryptocurrencies Work
- Futures Fall, Holiday Spending and Unemployment Up
- Budget Deal Will Cut 220,000 Californians Out of Jobless Benefits
- Oil Nears $98 a Barrel