OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- The Honourable Lisa Raitt, Canada's Labour Minister, spoke to attendees at the Canadian Rheumatology Association (CRA) Annual Scientific Meeting and Arthritis Health Professions Association (AHPA) Annual Meeting. Minister Raitt talked about the Government's commitment to healthier, safer workplaces.
"Workplaces across the country should provide all individuals with the opportunity to achieve their full potential and contribute to Canada's economic prosperity," said Minister Raitt. "Preventing hazards due to poor ergonomics creates safer workplaces, allowing for improved labour relations, better employee morale and greater productivity."
The CRA represents Canadian rheumatologists and promotes the pursuit of excellence in arthritis care, education and research. The AHPA is a group of health professionals who are dedicated to improving health care standards for people with rheumatic diseases through education and research.
The Labour Program develops, administers and enforces workplace legislation and regulations, such as the Canada Labour Code, which covers industrial relations, health, safety and employment standards for federally regulated workers and employers, and the Employment Equity Act.
This news release is available in alternative formats on request.
Follow us on Twitter
Office of Minister Raitt
Media Relations Office
Human Resources and Skills Development Canada
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day