OTTAWA, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- His Excellency the Right Honourable David Johnston, Governor General of Canada, will receive the credentials of one new ambassador and one new high commissioner on Thursday, February 14, 2013, at 9:30 a.m., at the official residence of the Governor General at the Citadelle of Quebec.
His Excellency Nicolas Lloreda-Ricaurte
Ambassador-designate of the Republic of Colombia
His Excellency Joseph Cole
High Commissioner-designate for the Republic of Malta
Upon their arrival in Canada, and before they can carry out their duties as heads of mission, new ambassadors, as well as new high commissioners of countries for which Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is not head of State, must be officially welcomed by the governor general of Canada. High commissioners representing countries for which The Queen is the head of State are formally introduced to the prime minister of Canada.
Credentials are the official documents by which new heads of diplomatic missions are presented by their head of State as their official representative. Currently, there are more than 140 heads of diplomatic missions accredited to Canada.
Media covering the ceremony must contact the Rideau Hall Press Office the day before the event. They will have to show their accreditation at the Citadelle gate, and access the Ballroom through the administration door.
Follow GGDavidJohnston on Facebook and Twitter
Rideau Hall Press Office
Most Popular Stories
- SpaceX's Satellite Launch Is 'Game-Changer'
- Reid Confident Congress to Pass Immigration Bill
- Maui Visitor Killed in Shark Attack
- Donors Abandon GOP Over Gun Stance
- Mexico: 'Extremely Dangerous' Radioactive Material Stolen
- CEOs More Optimistic About Economy, Hiring
- Climate Change Early Warning System Urged
- Private Sector Employment Surges by 215,000 Jobs
- Calif. Likes Christie, Says Tea Party's a Drag
- Newtown 911 Tapes Being Released Today