AJAX, ONTARIO -- (Marketwire) -- 02/13/13 -- Editors Note: There are two photos associated with this press release.
Volkswagen Group Canada is pleased to announce that Maria Stenstrom will take over as President and Managing Director effective April 1st. Stenstrom, currently Head of Sales India/Far East for the Volkswagen Brand Passenger Cars, succeeds John White, who will take over as head of Volkswagen Group Australia.
Stenstrom joined the Volkswagen Group in 2011 and was previously stationed at the company's headquarters in Wolfsburg, Germany. A Swedish national, Stenstrom has extensive international experience with Volkswagen and Volvo, where she held numerous positions throughout her career.
She joins the Canadian operations at a time when both the Volkswagen and Audi Brands are experiencing great growth, having posted sales increases in each of the last five years, and established all-time sales records in 2012.
"This is a wonderful opportunity, and I trust that my experience will help further develop the Volkswagen Group in Canada," said Stenstrom.
John White has been with the Volkswagen Group since 1993, and leaves the Canadian operation after being at the helm since 2008.
"I am excited about my upcoming move to our growing Australian operation," said White. "Our continued success in Canada is the result of the strength of our brands, coupled with a very dedicated Dealer body, and I'm confident that under Maria Stenstrom's leadership the Brands will continue their solid growth."
About Volkswagen Group Canada Inc.:
Founded in 1952 and celebrating its 60th year in the country, Volkswagen Group Canada Inc. is headquartered in Ajax, Ontario. It is a subsidiary of Volkswagen AG headquartered in Wolfsburg, Germany.
Volkswagen is one of the world's largest producers of passenger cars and is Europe's largest automaker.
Visit Volkswagen Canada online at Volkswagen.ca.
To view the photos associated with this press release, please visit the following links:
Spokesperson: Thomas Tetzlaff
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women