American rapper, actor and awards show host LL Cool J is to release his 14th studio album, "Authentic," 429 Records/The Savoy Label Group announced Wednesday.
The album is due to drop April 30, the record company said.
The artist performed his new song "Whaddup" with Travis Barker, Tom Morello, Chuck D and DJ Z-Trip at Sunday's Grammy Awards ceremony, for which he also served as host.
The performance is now available on iTunes and the song will be featured on LL Cool J's new album.
"With 'Authentic,' I wanted to work on a project that was for the true fans," the singer said in a statement. "I'm not trying to compete with 17-year-olds on the radio, but I am talking directly to the folks who came up with me. We may not be teenagers anymore, but we do still like to have fun."
Most Popular Stories
- SEO Traffic Lab Celebrate Wins at Digital Marketing Event 'Internet World 2013' in London
- Social Media Initiatives Should Follow Customers' Lead
- Apple CEO: Offshore Units Not a 'Tax Gimmick'
- U.S. Senate Accuses Apple of Large-scale Tax Avoidance
- UTEP Water Recycling Project Wins Venture Titles
- Marketo Makes a Mint in IPO: Stock Shoots Up More than 50 Percent
- Bieber Booed at Billboard Awards
- Crude Oil Up, Gasoline Down
- Austin Startup Compare Metrics Raises $3.5 Million for Expansion
- Why So Many Top 'Car Guys' Are Actually Women