American rapper, actor and awards show host LL Cool J is to release his 14th studio album, "Authentic," 429 Records/The Savoy Label Group announced Wednesday.
The album is due to drop April 30, the record company said.
The artist performed his new song "Whaddup" with Travis Barker, Tom Morello, Chuck D and DJ Z-Trip at Sunday's Grammy Awards ceremony, for which he also served as host.
The performance is now available on iTunes and the song will be featured on LL Cool J's new album.
"With 'Authentic,' I wanted to work on a project that was for the true fans," the singer said in a statement. "I'm not trying to compete with 17-year-olds on the radio, but I am talking directly to the folks who came up with me. We may not be teenagers anymore, but we do still like to have fun."
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Ukraine Crisis Sets U.S. Stocks Adrift
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps