The Iranian Oil Ministry spokesman has said that his country
insists on getting the position of secretary-general of OPEC
(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), Mehr news
agency reported on 13 February.
"We insist on getting the key position [of the secretary-general of OPEC], and even if the representative of Saudi Arabia definitely resigns, we will attempt to get the position," Ali Reza Nikzad- Rahbar told Mehr in an interview.
Nikzad-Rahbar continued that although Iran had good and improving political and oil relations with Iraq, it would support the Iranian candidate, Gholamreza Nuri, for the position of secretary-general, the report added. Nikzad-Rahbar also said that Iran would host a gathering of gas exporters either in Tehran or Esfahan in 2013, Mehr reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction