The Iranian Oil Ministry spokesman has said that his country
insists on getting the position of secretary-general of OPEC
(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), Mehr news
agency reported on 13 February.
"We insist on getting the key position [of the secretary-general of OPEC], and even if the representative of Saudi Arabia definitely resigns, we will attempt to get the position," Ali Reza Nikzad- Rahbar told Mehr in an interview.
Nikzad-Rahbar continued that although Iran had good and improving political and oil relations with Iraq, it would support the Iranian candidate, Gholamreza Nuri, for the position of secretary-general, the report added. Nikzad-Rahbar also said that Iran would host a gathering of gas exporters either in Tehran or Esfahan in 2013, Mehr reported.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Money Market Fund Assets up by $7.32 Billion
- First-time Jobless Claims Jump by 24,000
- Pols Back Away From Bundy After Racist Statements
- Durable Goods Orders Rose More Than Expected
- Putin Says Internet Is CIA Plot
- NRA Seeks Universal Concealed Carry Permits
- Freshman Senators Speak Out on Foreign Policy
- Nasdaq OMX Profits Soar in Q1
- Hillary Clinton to UConn: 'Take a Stand'