The Iranian Oil Ministry spokesman has said that his country
insists on getting the position of secretary-general of OPEC
(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), Mehr news
agency reported on 13 February.
"We insist on getting the key position [of the secretary-general of OPEC], and even if the representative of Saudi Arabia definitely resigns, we will attempt to get the position," Ali Reza Nikzad- Rahbar told Mehr in an interview.
Nikzad-Rahbar continued that although Iran had good and improving political and oil relations with Iraq, it would support the Iranian candidate, Gholamreza Nuri, for the position of secretary-general, the report added. Nikzad-Rahbar also said that Iran would host a gathering of gas exporters either in Tehran or Esfahan in 2013, Mehr reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Illegal Immigration Near Historic Low, Despite What You May Have Heard
- Small-Business Loans Fueling Economic Growth
- Gasoline Costs Drive Consumer Price Increases
- Saudi Arabia Will Open Stock Market to Foreigners
- Ford: New F-150 Is No Lightweight
- Tesco Head Steps Down After Profit Warning
- Durbin Drubs Walgreen for Possible Tax Dodge
- Russians Fed Steady Diet of Conspiracy Theories
- Want a Job? Try Minneapolis
- Comic-Con Offers Toy Designers a Chance to Go Wild