The Iranian Oil Ministry spokesman has said that his country
insists on getting the position of secretary-general of OPEC
(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), Mehr news
agency reported on 13 February.
"We insist on getting the key position [of the secretary-general of OPEC], and even if the representative of Saudi Arabia definitely resigns, we will attempt to get the position," Ali Reza Nikzad- Rahbar told Mehr in an interview.
Nikzad-Rahbar continued that although Iran had good and improving political and oil relations with Iraq, it would support the Iranian candidate, Gholamreza Nuri, for the position of secretary-general, the report added. Nikzad-Rahbar also said that Iran would host a gathering of gas exporters either in Tehran or Esfahan in 2013, Mehr reported.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday