The Iranian Oil Ministry spokesman has said that his country
insists on getting the position of secretary-general of OPEC
(Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries), Mehr news
agency reported on 13 February.
"We insist on getting the key position [of the secretary-general of OPEC], and even if the representative of Saudi Arabia definitely resigns, we will attempt to get the position," Ali Reza Nikzad- Rahbar told Mehr in an interview.
Nikzad-Rahbar continued that although Iran had good and improving political and oil relations with Iraq, it would support the Iranian candidate, Gholamreza Nuri, for the position of secretary-general, the report added. Nikzad-Rahbar also said that Iran would host a gathering of gas exporters either in Tehran or Esfahan in 2013, Mehr reported.
Most Popular Stories
- PBS Series Examines America's Demographic Shift
- Americans Bet Big on Gambling Industry
- Exxon Gives Nod to Fracking Risks
- Petri Likely Broke House Ethics Rules
- California's Ban on Plastic Bags: What Now?
- Morgan: 'Can't Believe' Wal-Mart Blaming Him
- Wealth Gap Widens as Rich Spend More on Kids' Education
- Texas Sees Gains in Hispanic College Enrollment
- Lack of Sea Ice Brings 35,000 Walruses Ashore
- Can You Be Fired for Using Medical Marijuana?